(RADIATOR) Secondary Server

tom at g4.net tom at g4.net
Fri Dec 7 14:56:06 CST 2001

Hi,
I am trying to a radius proxy for radius failover between servers.

Here's the stub of the config.
<AuthBy GROUP>
        Identifier NetwayAuthDNIS
        RewriteUsername s/^NETWAY\/(.*)$/$1/
        <AuthBy RADIUS>
                Host x.x.0.254
                Host x.x.0.253
                Secret secret
                AuthPort 1645
                AcctPort 1646
                Retries 2
                RetryTimeout 30
                FailureBackoffTime 60

The two radius servers behind my radiator box are cistron radius. They are
configured identically. My box is Radiator 2.18.4

Here is the problem:

When I shut down 0.254, requests begin to flow into 0.253, however, they
allow-auth packets somehow never make it back to the termservers and the
call ends up getting dropped for lack of an auth response. Does anyone
know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Tom

--
Tom Daly
Network Operations / Systems Administrator

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au