(RADIATOR) SQL Accounting, without Auth

Andy Coates andrew.coates at carrier1.net
Fri Dec 7 09:34:52 CST 2001

Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Andy -
>
> On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 22:23, Andy Coates wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I'm taking over a system which currently runs Radiator, who's job
> > is to simply log accounting requests.

[snip]

> > My config as it stands is:
> >
> > <Realm>
> >         AcctLogFileName /path/to/my/file
> >
> > 	<AuthBy SQL>
> >         	DBSource    <details>
> >                 DBUsername  <user>
> >                 DBAuth      <pass>
> >
> >                 AuthSelect
> >                 AccountingTable accounting
> >                 AcctColumnDef   timestamp,Timestamp,integer
> >                 AcctColumnDef   type,Acct-Status-Type
> >                 AcctColumnDef   session,Acct-Session-Id
> >                 AcctColumnDef   online,Acct-Session-Time,integer
> >                 AcctColumnDef   nas,NAS-IP-Address
> >                 AcctColumnDef   caller,Calling-Station-Id
> >                 AcctColumnDef   calling,Called-Station-Id
> > 	</AuthBy>
> > </Realm>
> >

> > Would this setup therefore log accounting requests to the SQL server,
> > even if its doing no authentication? Or am I going about this the
> > wrong way entirely? :)
> >

> Your configuration is correct.
>
> As long as this server is only receiving accounting requests, those requests
> will be written to the accounting log file and to the SQL database.

Hi again,

Worked after I had fixed DBI issues, but then came my next problem...

Unfortunately I get EVERYTHING logged, i.e. Tunnel-Start and Stops,
which the server also receives accounting for. However, if I set
AccountingStartsOnly it does do just Start, and not Tunnel-Start.
So if I could do AccountingStopsOnly, it would just do Stops.

But, you can't do AccountingStartsOnly and AccountingStopsOnly,
so I'm stuck - any way around this on the Radiator side?

Cheers,
Andy.

Andy Coates, IP Systems Engineer       e: andrew.coates at carrier1.net
Carrier1 UK Ltd, London Docklands      w: http://andy.carrier1.net
"I felt guilty once,                   t: +44 207 001 6879
   but she woke up half way through." -- Quagmire
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au