(RADIATOR) AuthLog question/requests

Dave Kitabjian dave at netcarrier.com
Thu Dec 6 09:18:54 CST 2001

Well, I'm not going to complain. The <AuthLog> tool is a great tool. By
configuring it as follows:

        SuccessFormat   %l%r	\
                        User-Name = %U%r	\
                        Pass = 1%r	\
                        CallerId = %{Calling-Station-Id}%r	\
                        Typed-Password = %P%r	\
                        Severity = %0%r	\
                        Reason = %1%r%r
        FailureFormat   %l%r	\
                        User-Name = %U%r	\
                        Pass = 0%r	\
                        CallerId = %{Calling-Station-Id}%r	\
                        Typed-Password = %P%r	\
                        Severity = %0%r	\
                        Reason = %1%r%r

(ie, as a Radius-style record; note the literal tabs before the \) we
are able to use the same software we use for accounting data to import
the data into our system and provide our techs with near real-time
authentication info.

Perhaps the solution, since PasswordLogFileName and <AuthLog> appear to
fit into the object model differently, could be to offer the
SuccessFormat and FailureFormat options in the PasswordLogFileName
feature, rather than try to get the actual password in <AuthLog>...

Dave

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au