(RADIATOR) Oracle SQL timeout causing crash

Viraj Alankar valankar at ifxcorp.com
Fri Aug 31 10:59:17 CDT 2001

Hello,

Awhile ago I posted the message below regarding Radiator dying on a SQL
timeout.

I received some suggestions to update the DBI/DBD modules, which I did and am
also running v2.18.2 of Radiator. I see the same thing in the log, and
restart_wrapper reports:

Your program

   /usr/bin/radiusd -config /disk/store0/radius/raddb/radiusd.cfg

exited unexpectedly with exit status 0,
signal number 0 and dump indication 0.

The STDERR output was .

The program will be restarted again by /disk/store0/radius/bin/restartWrapper
in 10 seconds.

My current versions:

DBI v1.19
DBD::Oracle v1.08
Oracle v8.0.5 x86 client libraries
The Oracle server being queried is v8.1.7 on Sun
PERL v5.005_03 (came with Redhat 6.2)

It is strange because sometimes, Radiator processes the error normally and
backs off from querying the database. However at other times it just dies as
above. I'm using 'Timeout 10' for these SQL AuthBy's. The reason for the SQL
timeout is that the database is overloaded during these times.

Any help appreciated.

Viraj.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au