(RADIATOR) RADIATOR Attribute 6

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Aug 24 18:58:02 CDT 2001

Hello Jesus -

On Saturday 25 August 2001 06:20, Jesus Duarte wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	An absolute neophite here.  I installed Radiator-2.18.2 and am
> using RAdmin-1.4 on BSDi 4.01, MySQL-3.22.32, Perl 5.005_03.
>
> 	I am trying to get a Cisco AS5800 box to authenticate and I get an
> accepted in the detail file but on the user end they get denied.
>
> 	The people at ELI say I am not sending attribute 6 (Framed-User)
> so the authentication stops on their end.  I notice in the detail file
> that "Framed" is sent, not "Framed-User".  I do not know if that is the
> answer or not.  If so how do I get it to send.  Detail file excerpt is
> below.

They are correct. From what I can see in the log file, you are indeed sending
an Access-Accept, however Cisco's usually require a Service-Type =
Framed-User in the reply before they will start a session.

If you send me a copy of your configuration file (no secrets) I will take a
look. BTW - what dictionary file are you using?

> 	Any and all comments are extremely welcome.  My boss wants me to
> know Radiator inside-out by next week.  Yeah right!

I would encourage you to have a quick read of the Radius RFC's (included in
the Radiator distribution in the doc directory), as well as reading through
the Radiator reference manual (also in the doc directory). That should only
take a couple of hours and will go a long way to making you an expert.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au