(RADIATOR) problem with AuthBy Group

sajida kalsoom sajida at advcomm.net
Mon Aug 20 07:41:39 CDT 2001

Hi Users!
  I have configured  Radiator 2.17.1 with openldap server its woking fine and authenticating request I have used AuthBy LDAP2 clause . LDAP server used mysql database at backend.  Then in a separat configuration file I configured  AuthBy SQL clause so that  Accounting logs to be stored in mysql database I configured it too and works successfully with db authentication .  Now I want to combined both of these clauses so that I can perform Authentication through ldap server and logs accountig detail into database. When i combined both the auth by clauses with AuthBy Group clause using the  ' AuthByPolicy ContinuewhileAccept'  both the ldap and SQL clauses perform authentications and then accounting ... when I set 'IgnoreAuthentication' in AuthBY SQL clause Radiator server says ...'Unknown key word IgnoreAuthentication'  . what should i do to obtain this functionaly... can any body please help me..

# ldap.cfg
#
# Example Radiator configuration file for authenticating from
# an local LDAP server
#
# This very simple file will allow you to get started with
# a simple LDAP authentication system.
#
# We suggest you start simple, prove to yourself that it
# works and then develop a more complicated configuration.
#
# In this example, there is a local LDAP database
# The LDAP database administrator has a common name of:
#   cn = Directory Manager
# and a password from dmpasswd
# The LDAP server in this example manages a Base DN of:
#   o=Open System Consultants, c=AU
# IN the database, there is an entry for each user. Their username
# is in the LDAP attribute called "uid", and there is a plaintext
# password in the LDAP attribute called userPassword
#
# So, the example will work with the sample databases supplied with
# UMich and Netscape LDAP servers.
#
# See radius.cfg for more complete examples of features and
# syntax, and refer to the reference manual for a complete description
# You should consider this file to be a starting point only
# $Id: ldap.cfg,v 1.2 2000/02/15 07:07:54 mikem Exp $

Foreground
LogStdout
LogDir          .
DbDir           .
Trace           4

# You will probably want to change this to suit your site.
<Client DEFAULT>
        Secret  mysecret
        DupInterval 0
</Client>

<Realm DEFAULT>
<AuthBy GROUP>
    AuthByPolicy ContinuewhileAccept

        <AuthBy LDAP2>
          # Tell Radiator how to talk to the LDAP server
                Host            localhost

                # You will only need these if your LDAP server
                # requires authentication:
                #AuthPassword   fred

                # This the top of the search tree where users
                # will be found. It should match the configuration
                # of your server
                BaseDN          o=sql , c=RU

                # This is the attribute to match the radius user name
                UsernameAttr    uid
                # If you dont specify ServerChecksPassword, you
                # need to tell Radiator wjhich attribute contains
                # the password. It can be plaintext or encrypted
                EncryptedPasswordAttr   userPassword

                # You can use CheckAttr, ReplyAttr and AuthAttrDef
                # to specify check and reply attributes int eh LDAP
                # database. See the reference manual for more
                # information

                # These are the classic things to add to each users
                # reply to allow a PPP dialup session. It may be
                # different for your NAS. This will add some
                # reply items to everyone's reply
                AddToReply Framed-Protocol = PPP,\
                        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,\
                        Framed-Routing = None,\
                        Framed-MTU = 1500,\
                        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

                # You can enable debugging of the Net::LDAP
                # module with this:
                #Debug 255

        </AuthBy>
    <AuthBy SQL>

 # Adjust DBSource, DBUsername, DBAuth to suit your DB
 DBSource DBI:mysql:hinet:localhost:3306
 DBUsername root
 #DBAuth root
 IgnoreAuthentication
 # For Authenication from Solaris encrypted password
# AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
 #AuthSelect select Password,CallingStationId,ServiceType,FramedProtocol,FramedIPNetmask,NASPortType,SimultaneousUse,FramedIPAddress,SessionTimeout,TimeDuration  from TblUserLogin where Active=1 and  LoginName='%n'
 #AuthColumnDef 0, Encrypted-Password, check
 #AuthColumnDef 1, GENERIC, check
 #AuthColumnDef 2, Service-Type, check
 #AuthColumnDef 3, Framed-Protocol, reply
 #AuthColumnDef 4, Framed-IP-Netmask, reply
 #AuthColumnDef 5, NAS-Port-Type, check
 #AuthColumnDef 6, Simultaneous-Use, check
 #AuthColumnDef 7, GENERIC, reply
 #AuthColumnDef 8, GENERIC, reply
 #AuthColumnDef 9, GENERIC, check

 # You may want to tailor these for your ACCOUNTING table
 AccountingTable TblTransactionRad
 AccountingStopsOnly
 AcctColumnDef LoginName,User-Name
 #,formatted-date,'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'
    AcctColumnDef     TimeClose,Timestamp
 #AcctColumnDef AcctDelayTime,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
 AcctColumnDef RecordType,Acct-Status-Type
 AcctColumnDef BytesIn,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
 AcctColumnDef BytesOut,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
 AcctColumnDef SessionId,Acct-Session-Id
 AcctColumnDef Duration,Acct-Session-Time,integer
 AcctColumnDef TerminationCause,Acct-Terminate-Cause
 AcctColumnDef NASIdentifier,NAS-Identifier
 AcctColumnDef NASIPAddress,NAS-IP-Address
 AcctColumnDef PortNo,NAS-Port,integer
 AcctColumnDef FramedIPAddress,Framed-IP-Address
 AcctColumnDef CLI,Calling-Station-Id

        # Log accounting to the detail file in LogDir
         #AcctLogFileName ./detail
</Realm>
<SessionDatabase SQL>
 # Specify the SQL database to connect to is similar to AuthSQL
 # You can specify multiple databases as fallbacks etc. See
 # the reference manual for more details
 DBSource DBI:mysql:hinet:localhost:3306
 DBUsername root
 #DBAuth root
 # You can alter the SQL statements used to add, delete and count
 # sessions with AddQuery, DeleteQuery, ClearNasQuery and
 # CountQuery. That means you can accomodate many different
 # SQL Session Database schemas. The defaults for these parameters
 # are suitable for the example RADONLINE table in the example SQL
 # scripts in the goodies directory.
 # See the reference manual for more details

 AddQuery insert into TblActiveSessions (LoginName, SessionId,TimeStart,NASIPAddress,FramedIPAddress,PortNo,NASPortType,CLI,NASIdentifier) values \
 ('%n','%{Acct-Session-Id}',now(),'%{NAS-IP-Address}','%a','%{NAS-Port}','%{NAS-Port-Type}','%{Calling-Station-Id}','%N')

 DeleteQuery delete from TblActiveSessions where LoginName='%n' and \
 PortNo=%{NAS-Port} and \
 NASIdentifier='%N'

 ClearNasQuery delete from TblActiveSessions where NASIdentifier='%N'
 CountQuery select NASIdentifier, PortNo, SessionId from TblActiveSessions where LoginName='%n'

# Optional identifier. Its just a name
# Identifier SDB1

</SessionDatabase>

<Log SQL>
 DBSource        DBI:mysql:hinet:localhost:3306
        DBUsername      root
        #DBAuth          root
 Table  TblRadiusLogs
</Log>