(RADIATOR) Client and DefaultRealm

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Aug 9 18:55:59 CDT 2001

Hello Charles -

Your understanding of "DefaultRealm" is incorrect. The "DefaultRealm" is only
added to usernames with _no_ realm present in the request, which of course
will never be the case with IPass (by definition IPass users all have realms,
otherwise the request would never get to you).

BTW - I would check with IPass to see why they are sending you requests for
"user at inch.com", if you have only specified "user at roam.inch.com".

I would suggest you use a RewriteUsername in the Client clause to always
force the correct realm.

# define IPass client

<Client ....>
	RewriteUsername  s/^([^@]+).*/$1 at roam.inch.com/
</Client>

Have a look at section 6.5.2 in the Radiator reference manual.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au