(RADIATOR) Radus Proxy

Tom Daly tomdaly at metro2000.net
Thu Aug 9 17:04:03 CDT 2001

Hi Guys,
Well, I got my wholesale system working great! Thanks for all the help Hugh.

Anyways, I have a few wholesalers who have decided that they want to have backup radius proxy servers. This is how I am doing it.

<AuthBy GROUP>
        Identifier AuthDNIS
        RewriteUsername s/^NET\/(.*)$/$1/
        <AuthBy RADIUS>
                Host 216.177.x.xxx,216.177.x.yyy
                Secret G4-Net
                AuthPort 1645
                AcctPort 1646
                Retries 2
                RetryTimeout 2
                FailureBackoffTime 60
        </AuthBy>
        AuthLog fail
        AuthLog login
        RejectHasReason
</AuthBy>

The primary server works in this case, but when the primary goes down, the backup does indeed start recieving requests, however, users do not get authenticated. The secondary server does authenticate the request, but Radiator does not pass the access accept through. Any ideas anyone?

--Tom

Tom Daly
Network Operations Administrator
G4 Communications Corp. / Metro2000 Internet Services
E: tomdaly at metro2000.net / W3: www.metro2000.net