(RADIATOR) Re: Configurations dudes...

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Aug 8 19:48:59 CDT 2001

Hello Cesar -

You are really asking for consulting service here, so I have copied Joanne on
this mail so she can send you the rates.

I will try to answer your questions, but if you want design and
implementation work done it will have to be subject to a consulting contract.

On Thursday 09 August 2001 00:46, Cesar Garcia wrote:
> Hi Hugh.
>
> I am System Admin and a big proyect has been charged to me...
>
> We have 3 nodes interconecting with ATM.
> In any node, we have cisco as5300, cisco 7505 and access for ADSL,
> Modems and RDSI.
> Our cisco register connections as Virtual, Async and ISDN respectively.
>
> We want based our authentification system in LDAP for accounts
> information (Username,Password,Permissions...) and SQL for pool
> assignement and Session DATABASE.
>

> In a 2 month, i get that auth with LDAP, Pool with SQL and Accounting in
> SQL for this kind of acceses Async, ADSLs, and ISDN 1 channel.

Good work.

> Now , i am probing with 2 channel ISDN(Multilink), but i can see, that
> any channel i up, assing 1 IP.

An ISDN Multilink session should only use a single IP address. I suspect that
you are not differentiating between the initial request and the subsequent
request(s) and you are allocating an IP address each time. You should only
allocate an IP address on the first request, and deallocate the address on
the last channel disconnecting.

You will have to look at a trace 4 debug from Radiator to see what
information is present in the requests, and set up the configuration file
accordingly.

> The NAS, use the second IP i up for virtual, and if i shutdown the
> second channel, he free the second IP, that really is in use.

See above.

> I am tryng to configure Session SQL, but i dont know how, i configure
> SQL table how goodies define, but in the ref.pdf file, aren't examples.

There is an example in the sample configuration file called "radius.cfg" in
the Radiator distribution.

Have a look at section 6.7 in the Radiator 2.18.2 manual.

What problem are you having?

> We want that one radius in any node, use a local LDAP BD (that is
> replied) (this is OK).
> Use a central POOL BD with secondaries Mysqls BD for if principal BD
> fail.( i dont know how)
> Use session Database (i cant find information about it.)
> Multilink, (how can i solution the problem of ips?

As mentioned above, if you would like me to help you with the design and
implementation of your system, I am happy to do that, but you will have to
contact Joanne for a consulting contract.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au