(RADIATOR) IPASS problems

Kyle khultman at bnsi.net
Tue Aug 7 11:08:00 CDT 2001

Hugh, or whoever else has an answer to this question:
We are using IPASS authentication for our customers to be able to use
remote NAS"s to dial into us, but not for other ISP's customers to use
us as an access provider. The authentication for this is working great,
and IPASS is authenticating against our radiator server. We are using
radiators centralized user database to manage multiple sessions and such
as well. Occasionaly when we have an user using IPASS, their session
becomes "frozen" in the database. Our accounting record shows a stop,
but it has not dropped from the session database. There are then errors
similar to this in our logs:

SDB1 Could not find a Client for NAS 206.115.158.21 to double-check
Simultaneous-Use. Perhaps you do not have a reverse DNS for that NAS?

NAS ip is always remote to our location, indicating it is an IPASS nas.
Why is the session database not dropping the user correctly? Included is
my realms.cfg file.

--
Kyle Hultman
khultman at bnsi.net