(RADIATOR) MD5 Password Encryption

Separovic, Jason jseparov at uecomm.com.au
Sun Aug 5 19:19:19 CDT 2001

The {MD5} password encryption confused me greatly.
I've worked out my problem now but I believe that the manual could have been
a little clearer in stating that the md5 password in which radiator is
expecting is actually a "base64" encoded md5 password.
Maybe I missed something but every implementation of the md5 algorithm that
I've obtained (java and javasript) tends to use a plain md5 encrypted
password without encoding. And it took me a while to work out why the
radiator version was different.

Just thought this might help anyone who might have a similar problem.

Thanks
Jason
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au