(RADIATOR) AuthType Problem

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Aug 2 03:37:59 CDT 2001

Hello Usman -

At 11:56 +0100 01/8/2, Usman Tahir wrote:
>Hi ,
>
>iam evaluating radiator radius on solaris 2.8 i386  , my dilema at the moment
>is that i have to use certain check attributes like calling station Id etc (
>which i have stored in mysql ) but the passwords are in shadow file , is there
>anyway in which i can use the AuthBy SQL caluse and use it with AuthSelect in
>such a way that radiator uses check/reply attrs from mysql and check the
>password from etc/shadow.

This is very easy to do by chaining two AuthBy clauses, like this:

# define Authby clauses

<AuthBy UNIX>
	Identifier CheckPassword
	Filename /etc/shadow
</AuthBy>

<AuthBy SQL>
	Identifier CheckSQL

# define Realms or Handlers

<Handler .....>
	AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
	AuthBy CheckSQL
	AuthBy CheckPassword
</Handler>

>I cannot import the shadow password to mysql as that is causing a bit to much
>problem with encryption and data entry etc .
>
>Secondly  i am also looking to use RADMIN for data entry , is it possible to
>customize Radmin in a way that i dont use AuthBy Radmin rather use Auth by Sql
>and only do data entry with Radmin plus is there a way to enter unix encrypted
>password into mysql using Radmin.

You can use an AuthBy SQL clause instead of an AuthBy RADMIN clause
with no problems - just have a look at the table definitions in the
Radmin distribution.

hth

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au