(RADIATOR) AuthType Problem

Usman Tahir ukhant at apollo.net.pk
Thu Aug 2 05:56:52 CDT 2001

Hi ,

iam evaluating radiator radius on solaris 2.8 i386  , my dilema at the moment
is that i have to use certain check attributes like calling station Id etc (
which i have stored in mysql ) but the passwords are in shadow file , is there
anyway in which i can use the AuthBy SQL caluse and use it with AuthSelect in
such a way that radiator uses check/reply attrs from mysql and check the
password from etc/shadow.

I cannot import the shadow password to mysql as that is causing a bit to much
problem with encryption and data entry etc .

Secondly  i am also looking to use RADMIN for data entry , is it possible to
customize Radmin in a way that i dont use AuthBy Radmin rather use Auth by Sql
and only do data entry with Radmin plus is there a way to enter unix encrypted
password into mysql using Radmin.

Usman

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au