(RADAR) Some Radiator 3 and Radar problems...

Thomas Hartley/NCO/CEtv thartley at austar.com.au
Mon Mar 18 21:15:05 CST 2002

Mike,

Radiator 3 has compiled and passed a 'make test' on 2 boxes here so far, on
is a Redhat Linux 6.2, the other is Redhat Linux 7.2.  The host that it
failed on is also RH 6.2.  Missing/out of date modules perhaps ??

What should I be looking for ??

Here are all the details of perl on each;

Successful make test, not yet running;

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-linux

Successful 'make test' running, and tested OK.  This is my 'lab'

This is perl, v5.6.0 built for i386-linux

And this is the server that the 'make test' failed on.

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-linux

TH

------------------------------
Thomas Hartley
Senior ISP Systems Engineer
Austar United Broadband
Phone: +61 7 55606761
thartley at austar.com.au

http://www.austarnet.com.au

                      Mike McCauley
                      <mikem at open.com.a        To:       "Thomas Hartley/NCO/CEtv" <thartley at austar.com.au>, radar at open.com.au
                      u>                       cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: (RADAR) Some Radiator 3 and Radar problems...
                      19/03/2002 12:38

Hello Thomas,

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:15, Thomas Hartley/NCO/CEtv wrote:
> Guys,
>
> After some off-line testing over the last few days, I decided to move
> Radiator 3 into my production environment, in a limited way, to see how
it
> performs.
> During the make test I got the following errors (all other tests were
'ok')

Did the make test on your offline box succeeed OK?
If so, what are the versions of perl on the offline box and your production

box.

more below...

> ok 3b
> Can't use string ("6") as a symbol ref while "strict refs" in use at
> Radius/Radius.pm line 361.

Hmmm, thats not good

> ok 3c
> not ok 3d
> ok 3e
> ok 3f
> not ok 3g
> not ok 3h
> not ok 4a
> ok 4b
> ok 4c
> not ok 5a
> ok 5b
> ok 5c
> not ok 5d
> ok 5e
> not ok 5f
> ok 5g
> not ok 6a
> not ok 6b
> not ok 6c
> ok 6d
> not ok 6e
> not ok 6f
> not ok 6g
> not ok 6h
> not ok 7a
> not ok 7b
> not ok 7c
> Tests completed
> kill: (5129) - No such pid
>
> And this error when running (Radiator start OK, but failed with this
error
> when a request was received)
>
> [thart at syd-dns1 Radiator-3.0beta]# Can't use string ("7") as a symbol ref
> while "strict refs" in use at Radius/Radius.pm line 361.
>
> This server is running Linux/Intel and has been running 2.18 happily
> 'forever'  It is functioning as a load balancing server, so isn't
actually
> 'authing' any requests, Just proxying them.
\

Is it easy to reproduce?
Would it be possible for me to log in to that host and analyse this
problem?

> Ideas ??
>
> As for Radar,  when I tried to connect to a server that would not allow
the
> connection due to a firewall issue, Radar failed to 'come back' and
needed
> to be killed (I waited about 5 minutes)

Thats a problem that needs fixing.
Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory etc etc
on Unix, Win95/8, 2000, NT, MacOS 9, MacOS X

This message has been scanned for viruses by AUSTAR Communication's
antivirus and content checking applications.

Austar Communications

This email and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned by AUSTAR Communications content  and virus scanning applications
for the presence of computer viruses.

===
Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/radar/
Announcements on radar-announce at open.com.au