(RADAR) Failure to log in

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Mon Mar 18 00:29:26 CST 2002

Hello Christophe,

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:54, Christophe Wolfhugel wrote:
> This morning when starting Radar (still with 2 servers : same host,
> different ports), connection to one server went OK, to the second
> not :
>
> - a long time to log in (several minutes) ;
> - server indicated as stalled in several times (which is not true,
>   it's the accounting server, it works fine and has no blocking
>   configuration);
>
> This is reproducable.

I fixed today a problem that might effect logins when reconnecting to a
server. I will mail you a new version to try.

> And a few suggestions :
>
> - would it be possible to have a read-only option ?

Not sure what you mean. What wold be read-only?

> - what happens if several consoles are open ? do they open "n" sessions
>   to Radiator or use some shared data ? A NOC setup might very well have
>   several Radar screens open.

Each Radar open its own individual connection. It opens one connection for
each server it is monitoring. There is no data sharing between multiple
instances of Radar

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory etc etc
on Unix, Win95/8, 2000, NT, MacOS 9, MacOS X
===
Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/radar/
Announcements on radar-announce at open.com.au