(RADAR) Comments about Radar

Christophe Wolfhugel wolf at oleane.net
Sun Mar 17 10:03:13 CST 2002

Hello Mike & other testers.

I've setup Radar on two on my ADSL ldap servers (one authorization
server and one accounting server). Here are a few observations.

1. General window setup : the left and right part of the main Window
   can't be resized independently, this would be useful.

2. Unreproduceable yet : in a situation where Radar was just connected
   but not loggedin the Radiator server, I've been unable, even after
   having given the right login and password to move further (ie expand
   the configuration or get a real plot) -- sorry I can't reproduce this
   yet.

3. Plot statistics : the X axis indicating date and time as well as the
   vertical bar scrolls to the left at the indicated interval, but it does
   not get refreshed (further values for the X axis are not drawn).
   -> that seemed to happen only where connected and not logged in.

4. Plotter text at the right of the window, the text gets overriding, for
   exemple I'm plotting the number of requests per second plus average
   response time, the text is unreadable.

5. Suggestion : I would like to have a very synthetic view of the
   servers, ie only see those who are down or stuff like this. Each
   server uses 3 lines of display in the left window (name, state, hostname),
   could that be reduced ?

6. Suggestion : have auto-save be the default.

7. Crashed radar in a CPU extensive loop (not easily reproductible) :
   extend some items (+) and while the data is not displayed, select
   different parameters and right-mouse "Change value" -> this puts
   Radar is a CPU loop, no exit except kill.

That's all for now.

--
Christophe Wolfhugel -+- wolf at oleane.net -+- France Telecom Transpac
===