(CATOOL) CAtool error

Martin Burton mvb at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Nov 21 08:25:40 CST 2006

When try to renew any of our certificates I get the error message
detailed below:

Can provide further information / config details if required.

Any clues before I go delving into the code?

The private keys do have passwords set on them, but I'm never asked for
these when attempting to renew.  The same error also occurs when
attempting to renew a certificate for which no private key exists in the
catool db (i.e. request was generated client-side).

Cheers,

Martin.
---------------------

An Error has Occurred
Error generating CSR file.

Additional error detail:

Openssl output: Getting request Private Key
Enter pass phrase for /usr/local/catool/var/tmp/catoolJHrAAd-key.pem:
User interface error
unable to load request key
unable to write 'random state'

You may want to hit your browser BACK button and try correcting the problem.

Or, you may return to the main menu.

If problems continue, please contact the administrator.

Licensed to: Sanger Institute
Issued: Sat Nov 19 00:44:25 2005 GMT
Certificates issued: 151 (of 200 max)

--
Martin Burton
Senior Systems Administrator               \\\|||///

--
Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/catool/
Announcements on catool-announce at open.com.au