[RADIATOR] Blacklist issue

Hugh Irvine hugh at radiatorsoftware.com
Tue Aug 22 10:32:43 UTC 2023

Hey Patrik -

Very good to hear from old friends!

As it happens, this is very much by design.

Radiator has a "special" user called DEFAULT as described in the manual:

3.32.13. NoDefault

Normally if Radiator searches for a user in the database and either does
not find one, or finds one but the users check items fail, Radiator will
then consult the DEFAULT user entry. However, if the NoDefault parameter
is set, Radiator will never look for a DEFAULT.

3.32.14. NoDefaultIfFound

Normally if Radiator searches for a user in the database and finds one,
but the users check items fail, Radiator will then consult the DEFAULT
user entry. However, if the NoDefaultIfFound parameter is set, Radiator
will only look for a DEFAULT if there were no entries found in the user
database for the user.

My suggestion is don't use it as you are trying to do.

cheers from Oz

Hugh