[RADIATOR] Blacklist issue

Patrik Forsberg patrik.forsberg at globalconnect.se
Tue Aug 22 07:38:18 UTC 2023

Hello,
I’m using the ”blacklist” knob in an authby to reject people I don’t like 😝
I had an issue this weekend where the user “DEFAULT” was added to the list of users, for some reason, and after that no one could login anymore.
After deleting this user all went back to normal again ..

Question.. is this a by design feature or bug/flaw ?
Seems a bit odd that I can’t reject a user by the name “DEFAULT” in a blacklist 😊

The AuthBy is an AuthBy SQL so the list of users is in an mariadb table.
The authby looks like this  (username/password and so forth replaced)
“
<AuthBy SQL>
    Identifier              AuthenticateSQLBlacklist

    DBSource                dbi:MariaDB:database=db;host=host;port=3306
    DBUsername              dbuser
    DBAuth                  dbauth

    UsernameMatchesWithoutRealm

    AuthSelect              SELECT NULL FROM `blacklist` WHERE BINARY `username` = ?
    AuthSelectParam         %0

    AuthColumnDef 0, User-Password, check

    Blacklist
</AuthBy>