[RADIATOR] Problems with ntlm_auth for EAP inner auth after upgrade

Jethro Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Mon Sep 23 18:16:24 UTC 2024

Thanks Heikki.

I managed to run Radiator-4.17 on the new host for the backend EAP auth part and there is no difference in behaviour.

I also upgraded the samba pkg to 4.19.8 in the hope that that fixed something in ntlm_auth but no change there either.

I went back to my original tests.

mschap-test -c succeeds

Eapol_test using a non-realm identity="username" succeeds

Eapol_test using realm identity="username at strath.ac.uk" fails NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD

Running ntlm_auth manually feeding as input what was captured from the requests going via Radiator also succeeds and fails in the same way.  Username and NT-Domain are identical and correct (base64 encoded) in each case, all that is different is LANMAN-Challenge and NT-Response.

For info, the OS upgrade was from FreeBSD10.3 to 13.3.

Any more suggestions?

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,

Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, number SC015263.