[RADIATOR] Radius::HTTPClient force IPv6?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Jan 10 14:14:07 UTC 2022

On 10.1.2022 15.11, C R wrote:

>> If you prefix the name with 'ipv6:', it could do the trick.
>
> I will check this, but ipv6:https://$myservice/v1/foo looks a little
> weird with the protocol part. (I need to work with DNS names because
> the IP are dynamic being containers as well.)

You're correct, that's not going to work. I was thinking of cases where
the name is a single parameter.

>> One other option might be to inject just the v6 address in the local
>> /etc/hosts. I haven't tried it with a container, but it could also be
>> one way to force IPv6.
>
> Related to the use of DNS names and dynamic IPs, I don't think this is
> an option.

Then I'm not completely sure yet how to handle this. A way to hint IPv6
or IPv4 might be useful if names are used but all address types returned
by DNS are not usable.

> I'll post my results here.

Please let us know how it goes, or doesn't.

Thanks,
Heikki

--
Heikki Vatiainen