[RADIATOR] Radius::HTTPClient force IPv6?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Jan 10 09:59:47 UTC 2022

On 7.1.2022 19.13, C R wrote:

> The AuthBy REST works wonderfully (async!), thank you again. I wonder,
> however, is there is a way to force the use of IPv6 on a host (docker
> container) with a dual stack.

See '3.6. IPv6 support' in the reference manual:

https://files.radiatorsoftware.com/radiator/ref.pdf

If you prefix the name with 'ipv6:', it could do the trick.

> The host where my REST auth service run is reachable through IPv6 and
> IPv4 and has associated A and AAAA records. The usual suspects for DNS
> info (host, nslookup, dig) show the IPv4 address first.
>
> Is there something besides LocalAddress (which I would need to figure
> out how to retrieve it dynamically and inject it in the configuration)
> to force IPv6 over IPv4?

One other option might be to inject just the v6 address in the local
/etc/hosts. I haven't tried it with a container, but it could also be
one way to force IPv6.

Thanks,
Heikki

--