[RADIATOR] Simple Question Regarding Realm Handling

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Jan 7 15:22:18 UTC 2022

On 7.1.2022 16.48, Ullfig, Roberto Alfredo wrote:

> Why would we need to do any rejections in TunnelledByPEAP=1? We have
> this in there:
>
>          <AuthBy FILE>
>                  EAPType MSCHAP-V2
>                  EAP_PEAP_MSCHAP_Convert 1
>          </AuthBy>
>
> So we need two Handler ConvertedFromEAPMSCHAPV2=1 then. One to handle
> uic.edu and empty realms (with a very fancy regexp) and then one to
> handle the rejection of other domains.

Thanks for the clarification. You're correct, in your case you can the
tunnelled EAP-MSCHAP-V2 requests to plain MSCHAP-V2 and then handle the
realms your are interested and reject the rest.

To clarify my previous email for future refernce: When handling
tunnelled and converted requests, always have a catch-all Handler that
makes sure that even the unexpected cases are correctly handled.

Thanks!
Heikki

--
Heikki Vatiainen