[RADIATOR] Radiator / LDAP / matching on multi-valued field

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Feb 17 16:44:04 UTC 2022

On 15.2.2022 22.40, Dave Kitabjian wrote:

> First question: our AuthBy LDAP2 already has a PostSearchHook specified:
>
>          PostSearchHook sub { my @hash = $_[4]->get('hash'); \
>                  my @username = $_[4]->get('sAMAccountName'); \
>                  system('/opt/radiator/radiator/goodies/inserttotp.sh', at username, at hash); \
>                  return 1 ;}
>
> It appears that if I define two, the latter one overrides. What's the right way to configure two hooks in the same context? Is the only way to merge them into a single perl script?

You can merge them. For example, put somewhere after 'return unless
$entry' and change $_[4] to $entry (but $_[4] would work too) for
consistent naming.

> And the follow up question is (and forgive me that all of this plumbing isn't entirely clear to me): should the hook code from ldap-memberof-hook.pl come before inserttotp.sh since we don't want to bother to update the totp table if they're not even granted NAS access? Or the other way around, so we can track the "bad logins"??

I think there's the insertopt functionality can be placed after group
authorisation logic. For example, just before the last 'return;' in
ldap-memberof-hook.pl.

In the example below, it shows how to use 'Auth-Type' to trigger a
reject. In this branch you could return directly and let the rest of the
cases (success cases) exit via insertotp call.

For list archive and future reference, goodies/logformat.cfg has an
example where the hooks are collected to a common module. Instead of
having just one file with everything in a single function, module can
contain multiple functions. In this case it may not be necessary, but if
there is, or will be, more customisation, then this kind of
re-arrangement can be helpful.

Thanks,
Heikki