[RADIATOR] Issue with authentication and farmsize option

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Apr 28 10:27:21 UTC 2022

On 14.4.2022 15.33, Alfred Reibenschuh wrote:

> since Radiator does cooperative blocking on a select queue,
> so processes that are not needed will only require a minuscle amount of cpu.
>
> from operation experience, i have 8 and 16 core servers in production,
> running multiple (8+) instances of Radiator with FarmSize from 32 to 128
> each.

Thanks Alfred,

I fully agree with the above and I have seen other Radiator users with
similar logic and numbers too. When there's plenty of I/O wait, such as
with slow DBs, FarmSize can be increased further than, for example with
a proxy configuration that just shuffles messages back and forth network
interfaces with minimal wait for external I/O.

Heikki

--
Heikki Vatiainen
OSC, makers of Radiator