[RADIATOR] SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

Christopher Bongaarts cab at umn.edu
Tue Apr 19 21:12:22 UTC 2022

On 4/19/2022 1:47 PM, Ullfig, Roberto Alfredo wrote:
> AuthFILE PEAP TLS Handshake error: result: -1, reason/error:
> 'SSL_ERROR_SSL', state: 'error', error:1408F10B:SSL
> routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number
> [...]
> Any idea why 1 out of 490 logins fail from an automated monitor?

This reminds me of a bug I bumped into with one of the Perl crypto
modules (IO::Socket::SSL I think) which was triggered only when the
first byte of a buffer was "0", so it would happen approximately once
every 256 connections.

I'd check that your dependencies are up to date on both the server and
client side...

--
%%  Christopher A. Bongaarts   %%cab at umn.edu           %%
%%  OIT - Identity Management  %%http://umn.edu/~cab   %%