[RADIATOR] Certificate Not Trusted - InCommon?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Sep 9 15:59:16 UTC 2021

On 9.9.2021 18.11, Ullfig, Roberto Alfredo wrote:

> No, I'm referring to WiFi offered at airports, coffee shops, bars, or at
> someone's home etc... You are given a username and password and the
> phone shows the SSID, you just enter the username and password and are
> connected. There is never a window asking you to trust a certificate.

Could be WPA-Personal, also known as WPA-PSK, where a shared secret (Pre
Shared Key) is needed, or Wi-Fi Protected Setup? But I think these don't
require a username. One option is a built-in client that launches a
customised browser to help with captive portal login.

The problem with the above is that Wi-Fi client software in your device
does not know how to authenticate the network. The network demands that
credentials are used but the Wi-Fi client software has nothing to demand
from the network.

Thanks,
Heikki

--