[RADIATOR] Win32::NetAdmin issue

Víktu Pons i Colomer viktu at rectorat.url.edu
Fri Oct 29 08:30:47 UTC 2021

It seems to be working now!

Thank you very much.

--------------------------
Viktu Pons i Colomer
--------------------------

-----Missatge original-----
De: Heikki Vatiainen <hvn at open.com.au>
Enviat: dijous, 28 d’octubre de 2021 18:22
Per a: Víktu Pons i Colomer <viktu at rectorat.url.edu>
A/c: radiator at lists.open.com.au
Tema: Re: [RADIATOR] Win32::NetAdmin issue

On 28.10.2021 16.25, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:

> I compared Radiator 4.25 and 4.23 AuthLSA.pm and I think the changes
> should not trigger this problem. In other words, I'd say the problem
> is simply that Win32::NetAdmin is not installed.
Hello Viktu,

I took another look at the changes and I think what I wrote above is not correct. The problem you see can happen when you have AuthBy LSA without Group parameter configured. When you do a Group check indirectly from AuthBy FILE, Win32::NetAdmin is not loaded when it's needed.

A temporary fix for 4.24 and 4.25 is to edit C:/Strawberry/perl/site/lib/Radius/AuthLSA.pm
The steps are:

1) Locate this line:
use Win32::Lsa;

2) Add one line just below it so that you have:
use Win32::Lsa;
use Win32::NetAdmin;

Configurations that use Group within AuthBy LSA are not affected. Fix for this will be in the next release that will be out soon.

What happens is that Radiator 4.24 changed how Win32::NetAdmin is loaded. When AuthBy LSA has parameter Group configured, Win32::NetAdmin load is attempted immediately so that its absence can be logged when the configuration is loaded. This had the unfortunate effect of breaking the indirect use.

Thanks again for reporting this.
Heikki

Radiator: the most portable, flexible and configurable RADIUS server anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory, EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP, DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.