[RADIATOR] Certificate Not Trusted - InCommon?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Jun 2 19:33:50 UTC 2021

On 2.6.2021 21.37, Ullfig, Roberto Alfredo wrote:
> trying to use EAPTLS_CertificateChainFile does not work - we are running
> 4.16 - these errors appear when a user attempts to connect:
>
> Wed Jun  2 13:32:22 2021: ERR: TLS could not load_verify_locations , :

I think this means that EAPTLS_CAFile and EAPTLS_CAPath are both undefined.

The optional configuration changes I mentioned only work with Radiator
4.20 or later. There you can leave the both unset when
EAPTLS_NoClientCert is also set.

You can leave EAPTLS_CAFile as it was while setting
EAPTLS_CertificateChainFile. The chain file has all certificates
(Radiator's and intermediate CAs) the client requires and EAPTLS_CAFile
remains unused because client certificates are not used. Note: this
assumes EAP-TLS is not used. With EAP-TLS client certificate settings
are required as usual.

>   16422: 1 - error:25066067:DSO support routines:DLFCN_LOAD:could not
> load the shared library
>   16422: 2 - error:25070067:DSO support routines:DSO_load:could not load
> the shared library
>   16422: 3 - error:260B6084:engine routines:DYNAMIC_LOAD:dso not found
>   16422: 4 - error:2606A074:engine routines:ENGINE_by_id:no such engine

The above show the errors that are caused by not being able to load CA
file or path.

Thanks,
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.