[RADIATOR] Gossip protocol + Status-Server request

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Jul 13 14:44:53 UTC 2021

On 13.7.2021 16.53, Stefan Paetow wrote:

> Thank you very much for that. I have one more question: Am I correct in assuming that if a server responds with an Access-Reject in response to a Status-Server message, it is still marked as alive? From what I understand, either Access-Accept or Access-Reject is acceptable in that regard?

Yes, I think both types are fine. This would also be expected and
reasonable if, for example, Access-Request is used for probing.

https://files.radiatorsoftware.com/radiator/ref/KeepaliveRequestType.html

See also AddToKeepaliveRequest for populating the probe contents.

This option is available for probing peers that do not respond to
Status-Server messages. This was added to Radiator 4.20 as suggested by
Paul Dekkers. It was needed to get probing to work with some eduroam
organisations, if I remember correctly.

Thanks,
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.