[RADIATOR] Prometheus statistics output

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Jun 24 13:38:14 UTC 2020

On 17.6.2020 16.39, Tarko Tikan wrote:

> Resurrecting old thread about native Prometheus metrics directly from
> Radiator. Did some digging in the source and "creative use of game
> mechanics" type of solution I came up with is following:
>
> <ServerHTTP>
>    PageNotFoundHook file:"stats.pl"
> </ServerHTTP>

That's an interesting idea. As you mentioned below, ServerHTTP has a
number of setting to control login and login privileges. I would check
those and possible restrict with host based, and/or, other firewalls the
access to port configured for ServerHTTP.

> I'm not sure it's ment to be used this way but it works and is not
> horrible at all. I don't see any obvious drawbacks why it shouldn't be
> used, just have to check for any security implications of enabling
> ServerHTTP.

I think you could even wrap it with TLS so that access requires a client
certificate.

Thanks,
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.