[RADIATOR] Issue with EAP Authentication

Brandon Shiers brandon.shiers at cerento.com
Tue Jul 28 17:00:34 UTC 2020

We are working on migrating an EAPTLS setup from Radiator 3.13 up to Radiator 4.19.  I've moved the relevant certificates and configuration and when I try to have my endpoint device authenticate I'm getting the same error:

Tue Jul 28 10:53:17 2020: ERR: TLS could not use_certificate_file /etc/radiator/cert/certificates/radius.pem, 1:  2956: 1 - error:140AB18E:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate:ca md too weak

The key is signed with 2048-bits and RSA encryption, md5.  I'm using the AuthbyFreeRadius handler for this.

I sent a message yesterday but I wasn't getting any replies, so I'm not sure if it was blocked due to spam or not.  I'm not sure where I need to go.  I don't really want to regenerate new certificates but if that's my only option I will.  I did set EAPTLS_SecurityLevel to 1 and that didn't help.

Brandon Shiers, RF Engineer

937 West Main Street
Riverton, WY 82501

307.857.6704 (o)