[RADIATOR] EAP-TTLS: How to forward inner requests to different backends depending on the inner authentication?

Matti Saarinen mjsaarin at cc.helsinki.fi
Mon Jan 13 14:14:42 UTC 2020

Hello!

We have some clients that use EAP-TTLS+PAP and others that use
EAP-TTLS+MSCHAPv2. So far, RADIATOR has stripped of the EAP-TTLS and
forwarded the inner requests to Windows RADIUS servers and everything
has worked. Now, the Widows admins want to drop PAP support and I would
need to configure RADIATOR to forward PAP requests to different backend.
This is probably a very simple to thing to accomplish but I haven't had
the skills with which to write a working configuration. Below, is what
I'm trying to do. I hope that if the backend MSCHAPv2 doesn't accep the
request RADIATOR will move to the next one.

<Handler TunnelledByTTLS=1>

        Identifier EAP-TTLS
        AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways

        <AuthBy GROUP>