[RADIATOR] Reject empty username?

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Mon Feb 3 14:13:12 UTC 2020

We have a radiator process that just runs to collect accounting records.

We have a single <AuthBy> (SQL) to store these records.

We're getting some clients that are just sending an empty (or no)
username attribute. Our database requires a non-null username. Rather
than just pump them into the database with some bunk username like
"NULL" or "none".... How can we silently ignore these accounting records
while sending a ACK back to the NAS so it doesn't keep sending them?

Ex:

<AuthBy SQL>
   Identifier      PG_ACCT
   DBSource        dbi:Pg:dbname=..