[RADIATOR] Problem with AcctLogFileName

Bill Sandiford bill at sandiford.com
Mon Apr 27 06:17:21 UTC 2020

HI There,

I’m having an issue with the AcctLogFileName parameter and trying to have it pipe data to an external program and I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

I’ve read in section 3.31.3 and 3.31.4 of the manual that the AcctLogFileName can be use to pipe data to a program.  I’ve written the Handler below.  I’m trying to use it to pass some parameters to a php script that sends DNS updates to a name server when the Acct-Status-Type is Start or Stop.  I know that the script works because I’ve tested it by piping data into it from the command line.  However nothing seems to be working from Radiator.  Best I can tell the php script isn’t being called from Radiator at all.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bill

<Handler Realm=mydomain.com>
    Identifier User-mydomain
    SessionDatabase Sessions-mydomain

    # Strip realm
    RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/

    <AuthBy SQL>
        Include %D/mysql-params.conf

        AccountingTable ACCOUNTING
        AcctColumnDef USERNAME,User-Name
        AcctColumnDef TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
        AcctColumnDef CALLINGSTATIONID,Calling-Station-Id
        AcctColumnDef FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address
        AcctColumnDef FRAMEDIPV6PREFIX,Framed-IPv6-Prefix
        AcctColumnDef NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
        AcctColumnDef NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
        AcctColumnDef ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
        AcctColumnDef ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
        AcctColumnDef ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
        AcctColumnDef ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
        AcctColumnDef ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
        AcctColumnDef ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
        AcctColumnDef ACCTINPUTGIGAWORDS,Acct-Input-Gigawords
        AcctColumnDef ACCTINPUTPACKETS,Acct-Input-Packets
        AcctColumnDef ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
        AcctColumnDef ACCTOUTPUTGIGAWORDS,Acct-Output-Gigawords
        AcctColumnDef ACCTOUTPUTPACKETS,Acct-Output-Packets

    </AuthBy>

    # Update DNS Records
    AcctLogFileFormat %{Acct-Status-Type} %{Calling-Station-Id %{Acct-Session-Id} %{Framed-IP-Address}
    AcctLogFileName |/opt/radiator/radiator/nsupdate/dnsinsert.php

    # Log result
    AuthLog authlog-file
    # Log accounting
    AcctLog acctlog-file