[RADIATOR] Perl DBD Pg - Perl Core Dump

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Sep 30 09:14:21 UTC 2019

On 27/09/2019 2.04, Robert Blayzor wrote:
> Just posting this on the off chance anyone has seen this before.
>
> Radiator 4.23 and perl:
>
> This is perl 5, version 30, subversion 0 (v5.30.0) built for
> amd64-freebsd-thread-multi
>

> Using DBD::Pg (PgSQL 9.6 client library)
>

> Everything runs fine, but any time it appears there is a small network
> interruption between the Pg client and the Pg server there is a good
> chance that a connection "in flight" crashes Perl. Perl will just drop
> core and exit, usually on signal 10

We haven't heard of similar reports, but there have been a couple of
crashers in DBD::Pg. It seems that they are typically segmentation
faults, not bus errors (10), but it might still be useful to check if
DBD::Pg update would help.

 From https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=DBD-Pg ticket
127847 I found this DBI debug suggestion

export DBI_TRACE=10

What I have used sometimes is to log directly to a debug log file:

export DBI_TRACE=10=/path/to/dbi-debug.txt

See https://metacpan.org/pod/DBI#DBI_TRACE

There are also other issues open at github:

https://github.com/bucardo/dbdpg/issues

Thanks,
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.