[RADIATOR] Unsupported EAP Response 26

michael.filz at zv-extern.fraunhofer.de michael.filz at zv-extern.fraunhofer.de
Thu Sep 12 07:15:06 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-09-10 at 19:31 +0300, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
> On 10/09/2019 18.15, michael.filz at zv-extern.fraunhofer.de wrote:
>
> > <Handler TunnelledByPEAP=1,EAP-Message=/<REDACTED>/i>
>
> I recommend changing this to just: <Handler TunnelledByPEAP=1>
>
> Because PEAP can only carry EAP, the inner request is always built
> with
> EAP-Message. Based on the log the redacted regexp did not match and
> it
> fell back to the other Handler. While this allowed the final ack for
> EAP
> 26 to happen, it is not allowed any longer.
>
> Thanks,
> Heikki

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm, that dropping the EAP-Message
prevents to message to be handled by the outer Handler. Unfortunately,
that doesn't exactly help matters.
I probably should have known better, but I redacted a bit too much.
There are actually two handlers (and AuthBy sections) for the inner
authentication that need to distinguish between different inner
identity formats. I basically have

<Handler TunnelledByPEAP=1,EAP-Message=/<PATTERN 1>/i>

<Handler TunnelledByPEAP=1,EAP-Message=/<PATTERN 2>/i>

I can omit the EAP-Message part, but then the first handler will be
used in all instances and authentication with the second pattern fails.
Any ideas?

Best wishes,
Michael