[RADIATOR] Updated dictionaries

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Nov 22 14:00:38 UTC 2019

On 19/11/2019 11.09, Stefan Winter wrote:

> I found an updated Lancom (2356) dictionary here:

> https://www2.lancom.de/kb.nsf/bf0ed2a4d2a4419ac125721b00471d85/55e4bb5ab82937fac1257f72003afbcf/$FILE/dictionary.lancom

Thanks, added with two more VSAs found from Lancom's site and other
dictionaries.

> Also, for Aerohive I saw an attribute 6 which I didn't find in official
> Aerohive docs, but apparently Wireshark devs know more of their attributes:
>
> https://sashkastechnical.blogspot.com/2013/01/12-networking-series-aerohive.html

Actually, Wireshark and other dictionaries only had
AH-HM-Admin-Group-Id. After looking up more information, it seems that
HiveManager and HiveOS use vendor attribute 1 for different purposes
with different definitions. Luckily the type is the same 'integer' for
the both.

If someone can clarify how Aerohive uses their vendor attributes, please
let us know. The above is my understanding how it goes.

All Aerohive-* attributes are now in the default dictionary. To solve
the overlapping attribute 1, Aerohive-User-Vlan is defined before
AH-HM-Admin-Group-Id. This allows using the both names in outoing
messages, but incoming Aerohive attribute 1 remains named as
AH-HM-Admin-Group-Id.

This arrangement is backwards compatible with the existing
configurations while still allowing the use of newly added Aerohive-*
attributes.

If it's necessary to see Aerohive-User-Vlan in the decoded incoming
messages, it can be done by creating a minimal custom dictionary and

> Maybe something to add in the next release...

Done. Thanks again,
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.