[RADIATOR] Port 39607?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon May 6 14:29:51 UTC 2019

On 06/05/2019 16.26, Ullfig, Roberto Alfredo wrote:
> OK so that port number might be randomly generated. Trying to write a
> monitor to make sure all required ports are up. I think we can ignore
> that one then.

The port number is allocated by the kernel dynamically, so it's
practically a random value. Radiator opens it the first time it has to
proxy something.

It's possible to define the port number with OutPort parameter in AuthBy
RADIUS, but I would only do it in special cases and wouldn't put it
under monitoring even then. If Radiator has problems with connectivity
when it uses this port, these will show up as errors and login failures
in logs.

Thanks,
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.