[RADIATOR] JSON accounting

Christian Meutes christian at errxtx.net
Thu Jan 3 00:24:07 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 7:57 PM Christian Meutes <christian at errxtx.net>
wrote:

> is there any more complete JSON accounting file module than the one
> provided in the goodies directory? Seems that only few attributes are
> supported by Radius::LogFormat::format_acclog_json, eg. also not logging
> the rewritten username but only the received one.

While trying to log all required accounting into JSON by creating a
customized module, I wonder what the reason is that the "<AcctLog FILE>"
configuration seems to be not able to log just everything "out of the box
somehow", similar to the behavior of "AcctLogFileName", which is apparently
able to log everything in standard format by default. The only way I was
able to log everything without touching exactly what I want to see was by
using "AcctLogFileName" with no special format, so far.

I wonder if I do overlook something here? (happens more and more since 2019)