[RADIATOR] NTLM Auth / Samba Password Caching?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Dec 20 15:28:54 UTC 2019

On 19/12/2019 17.03, Ullfig, Roberto Alfredo wrote:
> Hello, one of my co-workers recently changed their AD password and it
> took a while for the new password to authenticate to Radiator. Does NTLM
> Auth have a password cache? Trying to determine where in the path the
> new password wasn't up to date...

Radiator's AuthBy NTLM does not cache, so the closest thing to Radiator
would be parts of samba that ntlm_auth talks to. The AD environments
I've used for testing have been simple and I do not recall noticing
propagation delay.

A quick web search indicates propagation delays after password resets
between servers are not unheard-of.

Thanks,
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.