[RADIATOR] does <AuthBy RADMIN> write anything?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Apr 29 17:16:32 UTC 2019

On 26/04/2019 17.10, Eric W. Bates wrote:
> Does Radiator perform any SQL writes when performing "Authby RADMIN?"

The sample configuration writes at least accounting and authentication
log to SQL within <AuthBy RADMIN> clause. There's also AcctSQLStatement
shown in goodies/radmin.cfg.

In addition to these, IncrementBadloginsQuery and ClearBadloginsQuery
are defined by default (not shown in sample config) which you can set to
empty values.

There's also a SessionDatabase SQL that writes to SQL.

> I'm asking because I have multiple MySQL configured as master --> slave
> and I want to configure Radiator auth to fall back to the slaves when
> the master is rebooting; but if there are any writes to the slave, then
> the replication breaks.

If you'd only want to use Radmin for authentication, you can disable and
set to empty the queries that do writes and updates. Then it should work
just as a simple read-only authentication back end.

Please see the reference manual for AuthBy RADMIN and see what the
queries do.

Thanks,
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.