[RADIATOR] TLS Session Resumption Issue

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Feb 28 19:56:19 UTC 2018

On 27.02.2018 18:05, Christian Kratzer wrote:

> we need to store something between individual sessions with tls session
> resumption.

See goodies/eaptls_resume_post_auth_hook.pl for an example of how it
should be done with current versions. The data to store over resumed
authentications is now kept separate from the EAPContext that can be
accessed from $p.

In other words, an EAPContext is only alive during one EAP
authentication exchange. When a new session is created, a separate store
is created and associated with an EAP context. When the this
authentication is finished, EAP context is discarded but the separate
store remains. When the session is resumed, the separate store is
retrieved and associated with an EAP context created anew for this
authentication.

The hook shows how to use an API to store and retrieve information from
the session's separate store. You can use it to store values with a key
and then later retrieve them with the same key.

> But the auth.hook cannot access issuer and policy in the EAPContext and
> later authorization fails because they are missing.

Correct. This EAP context is not the same than the context in the first
authentication. The separate store means a bit more work, but a good
thing is that there's now an API for this.

> The question is how can we store the two strings extracted in
> EAPTLS_CertificateVerifyHook on first connect so they are available for
> use on session resumption.

The hook in question should show answer this. Please let us know how it
goes.

Thanks,
Heikki

--