[RADIATOR] MAB against cisco CUCM

Gregory Fuller gregory.fuller at oswego.edu
Fri Dec 21 13:22:22 UTC 2018

We were actually doing this for a long time on our college network.  I
wrote a script doing it this exact way.  We were not matching up the MAC
addresses, we were just checking that the username the phone was passing to
RADIATOR was a valid Cisco phone username, and that the MAC address that
was being passed to us was also in CUCM and matched a CUCM device pool
against the physical building that the radius request was originating
from.  We were basically making sure that our phones stayed within a
physical building and did not migrate somewhere else without someone
telling us so we could update the caller ID information appropriately for
911 use.

--greg

Gregory A. Fuller - CCNP R&S, CCNP Security, CCNA Wireless
Network Manager
State University of New York at Oswego
Phone: (315) 312-5750
Web:  http://www.oswego.edu/~gfuller
Campus Technology Services will never ask you to email us sensitive
personal information such as a password. Please contact us if you are
unsure if an email is genuine. (help at oswego.edu)