[RADIATOR] LogSkipHook for MessageLog

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Sep 4 12:05:08 UTC 2017

On 1.9.2017 16.48, Karl Gaissmaier wrote:

>> What do you think about a LogSkipHook in MessageLogFILE?

Tuure mentioned that similar functionality (ACL to match what gets
captured) on certain devices has been very useful. The hook would also
allow trigger capture based on attributes since it can access the
message contents too.

> See the attached patch, this would be very helpful for debugging
> sporadically occurring errors.
>
> I would be glad if you could accept this feature request or patch.

We'll take a look at how to fit this in. It's probably better to have in
the parent class and be more aware of direction (in/out) and protocol so
that we can support TACACS+ too. However, I'd say it would be close to
what you had in the patch.

Thanks again for your suggestion!
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.