[RADIATOR] Access reject if replyattr >81 characters

Tuure Vartiainen vartiait at open.com.au
Mon Sep 4 11:41:30 UTC 2017

Hi,

> On 31 Aug 2017, at 16.26, Chris.Millington at uk.fujitsu.com wrote:
>
> Using some perl pasted from the net I get the below when the replyattr is greater that 81 charaters?
>
> DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_array failed: st_fetch/SQLFetch (long truncated DBI attribute LongTruncOk not set and/or LongReadLen too small) (SQL-HY000) [state was HY000 now 01004]
> [unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.7.17-0ubuntu0.16.04.1] (SQL-01004) at ./dbitest line 47.

ODBC driver seems to have by default a constraint on DB reply size, so the constraint needs to
increased.

DB handle can be modified by defining ConnectionHook in Radiator configuration.

E.g.

<AuthBy SQL>
   Identifier ODBC_DB

   # Rest of the config

   # Allow truncating db reply to 2000 characters
   ConnectionHook sub { $_[1]->{'LongTruncOk'} = 1; $_[1]->{'LongReadLen'} = 2000; }
</AuthBy>

Ref: https://metacpan.org/pod/DBI#LongReadLen

BR
--