[RADIATOR] Request for TLS_SubjectAltNameDNS check

Tuure Vartiainen vartiait at open.com.au
Thu Nov 2 10:06:52 UTC 2017

Hi,

> On 31 Oct 2017, at 16.34, Jan Tomasek <jan at tomasek.cz> wrote:
>
> On 10/13/2017 06:57 PM, Tuure Vartiainen wrote:
>>> On 11 Oct 2017, at 20.28, Jan Tomasek <jan at tomasek.cz> wrote:
>>>
>>> Originally we were using hostnames, but as our eduroam federation
>>> was growing Radiator start was going to be slower and slower. Delay
>>> was indeterministic and was caused by hostname to IP translation,
>>> so we switched to IP addresses.  But IP addresses are complicating
>>> peer verification. At this moment we are using TLS_ExpectedPeerName
>>> but our peers sometimes try to use a certificate which has no right
>>> SubjectDN, it would be better to be able to verify
>>> SubjectAltName:DNS. Is there any chance to get this implemented?
>>> Something like TLS_SubjectAltNameURI but for DNS?
>>>

>> Radiator currently supports SubjectAltName:DNS when it’s an initiator
>> for RadSec connection.
>
> how to configure this? My problem is that I need to initiate RadSec connection by IP adress this way:
>
> <Handler RecvFromAddress=/^(?!195.113.xx.x$)/o, Realm=vsup.cz>
>  Identifier            vsup_cz
>  <AuthBy RADSEC>
>    Host                195.113.xx.x
>    Secret              radsec
>
> When I use HOST = IPaddress I've no option how to tell Radiator which value compare against SubjectAltName:DNS.

SuljectAltName:DNS matches against configured Host, so it only works when using FQDNs.

I changed the feature request to target adding TLS_SubjectAltNameDNS configuration option similar to
TLS_SubjectAltNameURI.

http://www.open.com.au/radiator/ref/TLS_SubjectAltNameURI.html#TLS_SubjectAltNameURI

BR
--