[RADIATOR] PEAP session resumption on Windows 7, 8.1?

Jan Tomasek jan at tomasek.cz
Thu May 25 09:20:41 UTC 2017

Hello Heikki,

I'm quoting from release notes Radiator 4.18:

On 05/10/2017 11:45 AM, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
> PEAP session resumption sometimes fails on Windows and reverts back to
> full authentication. A fix is known and planned for future releases.

could you please provide more details? I've identified several clients
running Win7 and one running 8.1 which are occasionally refused because
PEAP session resumption. It looks like it is related to situation when
clients are changing essid. We are running eduroam and eduroam-cesnet, I
was able to identify moments when client tries to jump from one essid to
another and in that moment resumption fails.

I like resumption as it makes reconnect and keeping it enabled as the
amount of affected clients is low, but if there is something I can test
I would like to volunteer. If you need some testing, please tell me how
can I help.

Could you please provide time plan when this issue will be resolved?

Thanks