[RADIATOR] Trust client certificates of a specific issuing CA

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri May 5 08:58:05 UTC 2017

On 21.4.2017 17.11, Philip Brusten wrote:

> OpenSSL added a new feature in 1.0.2 to accept a partial chain.
>
> It can be set using this flag X509_V_FLAG_PARTIAL_CHAIN which you could
> set using the Net::SSLeay::X509_STORE_set_flags
>
> Perhaps you could make a EAPTLS-setting for this flag in Radiator?

Getting back to this, yes that's a good idea. We'll take a look at
adding it. That was my intention too, I just did not acknowledge it
until now.

Meanwhile, here's I found something that might be of interest for you in
case you are interested in tweaking certs:

https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/17391/can-an-intermediate-ca-be-trusted-like-a-self-signed-root-ca

The idea in the best answer is to modify the intermediate CA to look
like a root CA or alternatively use your own root CA to create a
modified chain.

Thanks for your suggestions and comments!
Heikki

NetWare etc.