[RADIATOR] Radiator + MySQL over SSL

Bruno Tiago Rodrigues bruno.tiago.rodrigues at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 16:33:10 UTC 2017

Hi everyone

I've been through the list archives trying to find previous instances about
the subject but haven't managed to find anything.

Does anybody have any experiences with configuring Radiator with MySQL over
SSL? I'm being forced to cypher the MySQL traffic to follow corporate
guidelines, but seeing so scarce information about the topic is leading me
to think it might not be a good idea.

The way I see it (and I haven't set foot on the lab yet) , it should be as
simple as making sure that the perl modules in place support SSL and
specifying a specially crafted DBSource on the Radiator config (according
to http://search.cpan.org/~michielb/DBD-mysql-4.042/lib/DBD/mysql.pm).
Something like:

DBSource DBI:mysql:database=radiusp;host=mysql_server;port=3306;mysql_ssl=1;
mysql_ssl_client_key=/test/client-key.pem;
mysql_ssl_client_cert=/test/client-cert.pem;
mysql_ssl_ca_file=/test/b2bca-cert.pem

Right?

Thanks in advance
-